We are very pleased to announce the release of a beta version of Plumi based on the new Plone 4. This is a major step forward for the Plumi project, which includes all the improvements available inside Plone 4. Plone 4 is faster and easier to use than ever, you can read all about itÂ here.
This beta release is primarily focused on rebasing Plumi on Plone 4, in addition to other improvements and re-factoring of Plumi including new production and development buildouts located inside the plumi.app egg, updating the caching system, cleanup of installation code and moving parts to GenericSetup, replacing older products with newer and better maintained products or removing dependencies and other improvements. FFmpeg and codecs required by the transcoding framework are also now included in the buildout which means a simpler installation process.
The plumi.app package can be found on PyPI here:
It is available here on Plone.org:
- remove and replace deprecated code and rebase on Plone 4 [clopy]
- deprecate plumi.buildout which was not a proper egg. Now the buildout lives inside plumi.app [dimo]
- new production and devel buildout based on Martin Aspeli’s uber buildout [dimo]
- use varnish instead of squid [dimo]
- use haproxy instead of pound [dimo]
- move install code to setuphandlers.py & cleanup [dimo]
- move parts of the install code to GenericSetup [clopy]
- use qi.portlet.TagCloud instead of Vaporisation [dimo,clopy]
- remove dependency on plonebookmarklets [dimo,clopy]
- remove dependency on ATCountryWidget [dimo]
- build ffmpeg and qt-faststart using buildout [dimo]
- Remove ability for ordinary users to change video view [clopy]
A full list of tickets closed for this release can be foundÂ here on the Plumi development tracker.
This version is beta software, it is not ready for a production environment, but please try installing it and send us any bugs you find by lodging them as a ticketÂ here.
You can also test the software at the Plumi testing site here:
The code is available here in SVN: